Did you make homemade pita bread? Here’s a way to use up leftover pita – Pita Chips!
Preparation Time: About 10 minutes
Baking Time: 5-7 minutes @ 375 F
- Pita Bread
- Olive Oil
- Seasonings – whatever sounds yummy to you. We like garlic powder and smoked paprika.
- cutting board
- brush – hands work to spread oil too
- baking sheet
1. Cut pita into triangles. Pull apart the two layers.
2. Place on a sheet pan, close together but not overlapping.
3. Brush each triangle with a little olive oil. No pastry brush? No worries, just dab a bit of oil on each piece with your fingers.
4. Sprinkle seasons that sound yummy to you. Salt, pepper, dried herbs, smoked paprika or garlic powder are a few ideas.
5. Bake in a 375 F oven for 5 – 7 minutes or until lightly toasted.
6. Dunk into your favourite dip, such as tzatziki or hummus.
STEP-BY-STEP – PITA CHIPS!
Cut your pitas into triangles and pull apart the layers. Place them on a sheet pan, close together but not overlapping. Brush each triangle with some olive oil.
Sprinkle on whatever seasonings sounds yummy to you! We used salt, garlic powder and smoked paprika for this batch.
©ProjectCHEF2020 All rights reserved
Not to be copied or reproduced without express permission from the author