Banana sushi is a healthy snack and it’s super quick to make. As an added bonus, it offers learning opportunities to practice fractions while cutting it. How will you portion your sushi to make sure all the pieces are the same size? You may use any seed butter or nut butter you have at home. This recipe is a real fuel-me-up snack.
Yield: 1 serving
Preparation Time: about 5 minutes
- 1 whole wheat tortilla
- seed or nut butter, thinly spread on tortilla
- 1 banana, peeled
- butter knife
- dinner knife to cut rolls
- cutting board
1. Gather your ingredients.
2. With a butter knife or flat spatula, spread the seed/nut butter on the tortilla.
3. Peel the banana and gently break it to make it somewhat straight. This makes the rolling so much easier.
4. Start rolling tightly.
5. Cut sushi in half, and half again. Now cut each piece in half one more time to have 8 even-sized pieces of Banana Sushi. To eat one piece would be 1/8 or one-eighth. How many eighths of the banana sushi will you eat?
6. Enjoy right away!
STEP-BY-STEP – BANANA SUSHI!
Gather your ingredients.
With a butter knife or flat spatula, spread the seed/nut butter on the tortilla.
Peel the banana and gently break it to make it somewhat straight. This makes the rolling so much easier.
Start rolling tightly.
Roll the tortilla tightly around the banana.
Scrape off any extra nut butter.
Cut the sushi in half. This tortilla is a small one so I cut it into 6 equal-sized pieces instead of 8. After cutting the tortilla in half, cut each half into three equal-sized pieces. Now you have cut the tortilla into 6 equal-sized pieces of banana sushi. To eat one piece would be 1/6 or one-sixth. How many sixths will you eat?
Enjoy right away!
©ProjectCHEF2020 All rights reserved
Not to be copied or reproduced without express permission from the author