Roasting yams or sweet potatoes like fries is a yummy way of eating these healthy orange and yellow tuber vegetables. They are delicious on their own, but feel free to serve them up alongside a herby dip. Whatever you do, make enough to share, because the scent of these fries cooking will bring everyone to the kitchen!
Yield: 4 Servings
Preparation Time: About 15 Minutes
Cooking Time: 35 Times
- 2 yams or sweet potatoes
- 2 Tbsp (30mL) chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 Tbsp (30mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp (2mL) coarse sea salt
- Cutting board
- Small sharp knife, or kitchen scissors
- Medium-sized bowl
- Cookie sheet
- Parchment paper
- Pancake flipper
1. Heat oven to 230 C (450° F) (A very hot oven! Be sure your oven is clean or you will have a very smoky kitchen.)
2. Pluck the rosemary leaves from the stem then tear the rosemary leaves into a medium-sized bowl.
3. Wash and dry the potatoes. Cut the potatoes in half then cut lengthwise into 2 cm wide wedges.
4. Place wedges in a bowl and add the rosemary, olive oil and sea salt. Toss the potatoes until evenly coated.
5. Place the potato wedges in a single layer on a parchment-lined cookie sheet (or greased cookie sheet).
6. Place in the hot oven for 15 minutes. After 15 minutes, have an adult carefully remove the tray from the oven. Flip the fries over with a pancake flipper. Return to the oven for 15 to 20 minutes, or until tender.
7. Serve right away.
STEP-BY-STEP – YAM WEDGIE FRIES!
©ProjectCHEF2020 All rights reserved
Not to be copied or reproduced without express permission from the author