Whether you are already a seafood lover or still not quite sure, this recipe is sure to satisfy. This combination of sweet & salty really complements the salmon. You will be quick to give it a two thumbs up!
Yield: 4 servings
Preparation Time: About 15 minutes
Cooking Time: About 3 – 4 minutes per side
- 1/4 cup (50mL) maple syrup
- 2 Tbsp (30mL) low sodium soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, grated with a micro-plane or garlic press
- 1 tsp (5mL) peeled and grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp (5mL) Fish sauce (optional)
- small pinch chili flakes
- 2 Tbsp (30mL) vegetable oil
- 4x 150 g salmon fillets, pin bones removed
- Pinch salt
- A few grinds freshly cracked pepper
- Shallow non-aluminum baking dish
- Measuring cups and spoons
- Micro-plane or garlic press
- Fish tweezers or needle-nosed pliers
- Large frying pan, or non stick skillet
- Metal spatula
1. In a shallow non-aluminum baking dish, add the maple syrup, soy sauce, grated garlic, grated ginger, fish sauce (if using) and pinch of chili flakes. Mix together.
2. Run your finger over the salmon fillets to see if there are any pin bones. Using fish tweezers or needle-nosed pliers, remove any bones you find.
3. Add the salmon to the maple syrup mixture and toss to coat thoroughly. Place in the fridge for 15 minutes.
4. Remove salmon from marinade and place on plate.
5. Place a frying pan on the stove-top and turn on the heat to medium-high. Let heat up for a minute. Add the 2Tbsp (30mL) vegetable oil to the pan and move it around the pan. Use oven mitts to protect your hands from heat and spattering oil. When the oil starts to shimmer, using tongs, carefully place the salmon fillets in the pan, skin side up.
6. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes, depending on the thickness of the salmon. Carefully flip the salmon over using a metal spatula, tongs, or both. Cook on the other side for 3 to 4 minutes.
7. Remove from the heat to a platter or plates.
- The salmon fillets may also be cooked on a parchment lined baking sheet in a 190C (375F) oven for 8 – 10 minutes.
STEP-BY-STEP – MAPLE GLAZED SALMON!
Gather the ingredients. While the recipe calls for 4 fillets, we opted for 3 big pieces instead to satisfy the hungry guests today.
©ProjectCHEF2020 All rights reserved
Not to be copied or reproduced without express permission from the author