Who doesn’t love chocolate chip cookies? This is a kid-approved and Project CHEF Team approved cookie. If you don’t have chocolate chips, break up that chocolate bunny that may still be lying around or a chocolate bar.
Yield: 24 cookies
Preparation Time: about 20 minutes
Cooking Time: about 12 minutes
- 1 cup (250mL) butter, softened to room temperature
- 1 cup (250mL) brown sugar
- ½ cup (125mL) white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp (5mL) vanilla extract
- 2 ¼ cups (550mL) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5mL) baking soda
- ¼ tsp (1mL) salt
- 2 cups (500mL) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- dinner knife or pastry scraper
- wooden spoon
- small sized bowl
- measuring cups and spoons
- rubber spatula
- medium sized bowl
- large sized bowl
- 2 baking trays and parchment paper
- soup spoon
- metal spatula
- cooling rack
1. Take butter out of the fridge about an hour before starting to make cookies so it will soften.
2. Measure 1 cup (250mL) butter by reading the foil wrapper and cutting with a dinner knife or pastry scraper.
3. Turn on the oven to 175 C (350 F).
4. Line 2 baking trays with parchment paper or lightly rub baking trays with butter.
5. Break the soft butter into pieces into a large bowl. Add both sugars and cream them together with the back of a wooden spoon until fluffy and it looks like mashed potatoes.
6. Crack the egg into a small bowl. Add the egg and vanilla to the sugar mixture and blend together.
7. Measure the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt into a medium-sized bowl. Mix together well with a fork.
8. Add the flour mixture to the butter/sugar mixture. Mix just until the flour is mixed in. Add the chocolate chips and mix with a wooden spoon.
9. Scoop the dough with a soupspoon and quickly shape into balls. Place on baking trays leaving about 3 finger widths between cookies.
10. Place trays in the oven on the middle racks. Bake until light brown, about 12 minutes. After about 6 minutes, turn the cookie sheets around in the oven.
11. Remove from oven and let sit for about 3 minutes then remove cookies to a cooking rack.
12. When cool, store in an airtight container.
STEP-BY-STEP – CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES!
Cream together soft butter with brown and white sugar. Push the ingredients together with the back of a wooden spoon to combine.
©ProjectCHEF2020 All rights reserved
Not to be copied or reproduced without express permission from the author