Smoothies are a versatile, healthy and delicious drink that can be made with fresh or frozen ingredients. Give it a try! Remember it is important to ask an adult helper to be with you and make sure you share some of that smoothie with them.
Preparation Time: 5 minutes
Banana Chocolate Smoothie
- 1 cup milk
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 rounded spoonful cocoa powder
- 1 spoonful honey
Fruit Smoothie – Many Choices!
- Add 1 fresh or frozen banana
- ½ cup (125mL) fresh or frozen fruit of your choice: strawberry, blueberry, raspberry, blackberry, peaches, apricots, mango, apple, pineapple…
- Add ¾ cup (175mL) of liquid: Milk, milk alternatives, yogurt, orange juice, pomegranate juice, water…
- Add 2 Tbsp (30mL) nutritional boost: Chia seeds, hemp seeds, oat bran, wheat germ, flax seeds, almond butter
- large cup
1. Gather all of your ingredients.
2. Get the cup of the blender and add your fruit and measured ingredients.
3. Place lid on tightly and turn on the blender. Blend until smooth and do not leave unattended.
4. Pour into glass and enjoy with others (food tastes better when shared)
- You can also add a handful of spinach or kale to add a little green goodness.
- If you have a blender with a strong motor, add 3 or 4 ice cubes to the mix.
- Keep experimenting with ingredients to find your favourite mix.
STEP-BY-STEP – SMOOTHIE
©ProjectCHEF2020 All rights reserved
Not to be copied or reproduced without express permission from the author